Sunday, July 20, 2008

Fuji Catalog Edition No. 13 (ca. 1983)

Update 8/13/2011:  This catalog is current for sale on ebay.  Click here to visit the auction.

I received a nice condition catalog along with the S12-S Mixte, scanned it, and included the scans at the end of this post. Click on any image for a hi-res, readable version.

This catalog was included at the time of original sale in 1983. There are some markings on some of the pages, some are prices, others are X'ed out. I don't know whether prices are retail or bike shop discounts and whether the x's are out of stock, no longer made, or just not interested by the shopper.

The models appear in the following order. The ordering should give an indication of levels. They aren't broken out into categories, but I've taken the liberty of doing so:

Track:
Fuji Track

Racing:
Fuji Professional
Fuji Opus III
Team Fuji

Touring:
Fuji America
Fuji Touring Series IV

Road:
Fuji S12-S LTD
Fuji S12-S (18 Speed) - mixte version available
Fuji Royale II - mixte version available
Fuji del Rey
Fuj Supreme
Fuji Espree - mixte version available
Fuji Monterey - ladies version available
Fuji Berkeley - ladies version available

Small Road:
Fuji SJ-10 - ladies version available
Fuji Junior - ladies version available

City:
Fuji Cambridge VI - ladies version available
Fuji Cambridge III - ladies version available

Tandem:
Fuji Tandem

Mountain Bike:
Mount Fuji LTD

Cruiser:
Fuji Cruiser

Children's:
Fuji 750X
Fuji 500X
Fuji 250X

Is this type of info useful? Let me know.


































9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for posting this catalog. I just bought and Fuji S12-S LTD frame/headset/fork, and the info on your post helps me learn more about the bike.

Unknown said...

I OWN A FUJI FINEST EXACTLY LIKE THE WHITE ONE ON THIS POST. IT HAS BEEN HANGING FROM MY BASEMENT CEILING FOR YEARS.OTHER THAN SOME DUST IT IS IN EXCELLENT SHAPE.I PURCHASED IT NEW IN MORGANTOWN WV EARLY 70'S.SEEING THIS GETS ME IN THE MOOD TO DO SOMETHING WITH IT.THANKS

Anonymous said...

If I'm trying to get a new fork for the S-12 s LTD, is it 1" or 1-1/8". Thanks!

Unknown said...

Thanks for making available this catalog. I have the Fuji Valite Cruiser in black, and this information is invaluable for accurate restoration work.

Unknown said...

I own a 1983 Del Rey which I replaced last year with a 2006 Finest RC. My husband says it was time to give it up if I wanted to ride seriously. ;-) My son rides it now, but I he will grow out of it soon. Thanks for posting the catalog, it is great information.

Jackie said...

I had a Fuji Touring Series IV. I was hit head on by a car and my bicycle was crunched into a pile of metal. I want to buy a new one and the insurance company needs to know the exact price of the one I had. In your catalog it has a handwritten price of $435.95. The insurance company will think I wrote in the price. I cannot find evidence ANYWHERE online of this bicycle with the price. Can someone please help ASAP?

David said...

Just FOUND a supreme, your scans showed me what it SHOULD look like, she pretty bad but will make a great runner that wont get a 2nd look by a thief. It'll fit nice in my 65 chevy too! sadtler.org with ugly pics next week.

Anonymous said...

There is no aspect about any of this that is not objectively cool. Wow! Very hip stuff from 83. I have a few Fuji's and love them like my unborn, first child.

Anonymous said...

There is no aspect about any of this that is not objectively cool. Wow! Very hip stuff from 83. I have a few Fuji's and love them like my unborn first child.