Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Some Help From My Friends

Earlier today, I put up a post about the upcoming Le Cirque Du Cyclisme this coming weekend in Leesburg. I described how I intend to ride over for the show/swap meet on Sunday and shared some of my agonizing about whether it would be appropriate to even enter a Fuji into a show that is lousy with the most coveted vintage French, Italian, and other euro bikes.

Later in the day, while riding my Gran Tourer, pulling the trailer carrying my little boy home from a hard day at kindergarten, I continued to ponder this, and finally decided that I couldn't decide.

But I did decide to rely upon the wisdom of the readers of this blog, so I've put up a little poll to the right asking which bike, if any, I should enter in the show, or if the whole thing is just plain wrong.

To recap, my America and my Gran Tourer are the only two that are in a condition to ride the 40 miles each way to the show, so those are the only options. In principle, I could get the Del Rey up and running by this weekend, but it really isn't a special enough model to warrant this. In a heroic effort, I may be able to get the Finest going, but I'm still debating some aspects of that build.

So it is the America, the Gran Tourer, or just leave well enough alone.

Here is the Gran Tourer:


Here is the America:


Thanks in advance for any input.

3 comments:

Matteo Favero said...

The America for sure gets my vote. If the Finest was up and running, I would vote for it first. I wish I could go with you and bring my Opus III, but my wife and I will be out of town. I've never attended the Cirque, but have learned about it in the past couple of years, and have wondered myself if these great Fujis could ever be part of it. Good luck.

Matteo Favero

robatsu said...

It is running neck and neck right now. I started off assuming I would probably run with the Gran Tourer, but now a long ride to the show on the America is starting to sound good.

I wonder how that diamond handlebar wrap will come across - sort of fixie/hipster. It actually looks a lot better in person than pictures, where it really tends to dominate the image.

Unknown said...

I NEED SOME HELP IDENTIFYING THIS BIKE - IT IS A FUJI "TIME" T1200 - CANT SEEM TO FIND IT IN A CATALOG ETC - SERIAL NUMBER IS SK013656 ( I THINK!).ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED.EMAIL IS gfdesantis@gmail.com thanks!!