Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Del Rey Handlebar Tape Update

Put a second coat of shellac, this one clear, on the Del Rey's handlebar tape. This is going phenomenally well, as the pic below illustrates. I tried to juxtapose the tape/cord whipping against the top tube to compare both the tape against the green frame paint and the cord whipping against the top tube decal. Pretty good match at this point.


After two coats, the tape has a very rough feel. Me, I like the smoother feel of more coats. However, I don't want to screw up the color balance, so caution is in order - I'm going to apply another thin coat and monitor this carefully.

1 comment:

Lovely Bicycle! said...

This is the exact colour handlebar tape I am looking for. What was the colour like before the shellac? I cannot find any olive green tape, so I am hoping that the standard green tape will turn olive when covered with amber shallac.