Wednesday, March 18, 2009

See No Evil

Warning: this post has no pictures of an event that never happened!

Mrs. Otaku has been in Japan for a few days, so I took this as an opportunity to give my 1972 Fuji Finest frameset an oxalic acid soak. It was already in fine shape, just a few dots here and there, but I figured why not. Followed this up with some framesaver.

Anyhow, I did this in the bathtub, while Mrs. Otaku is far away. That explains the no pictures, I'm not leaving any witnesses. The bathtub is now suspiciously clean, especially the chrome bits around the drain, but I can think of something to explain this.

No doubt, even without pictures, Mrs. Otaku may read about this on Fuji Otaku. However, my policy is that this blog is based on a true story. Like Fargo. Without pictures, I can credibly claim that I just made this all up to entertain you guys.

Sort of like the other stuff - I really don't collect old Fujis, just Walmart tricycles.

The big news in all this is that it is all systems go for building up the Finest, whether real or imagined.

No comments: